The launch of Sandbox’ MMORPG Albion Online is only a few weeks away now. The developers at Sandbox Interactive are currently preparing the game for the launch on July 17, fixing bugs and planning the first expansions to be added in the future. At the same time though, they want to introduce some of the game features which deserve special attention. Today, it’s the so-called “Guardians of Albion”. These are powerful bosses which require precise planning, utmost concentration and tactical skills from the players.
The Guardians are the true protectors of Albion. Brought to life by ancient magic and having grown bigger and stronger over the centuries, they now protect the world’s natural treasures. There are five different Guardians in Albion; each possesses incredible strength and special skills. Once killed, they turn into a resource node providing the player with a whopping 2,560 tier-6 resources. Hence, a raid against these giants might well be worth it.
The Guardians of Albion at a glance:
- Old White (Hide): Old White is a massive white mammoth that is spiritually connected to all mammoths in the world of Albion, which have lived in the past and will live in the future. It can be found in tier-6 Hide Dens. While in general considered the easiest Guardian, the players first have to fight their way through several groups of hide mobs until they can face him.
- Ancient Ent (Wood): The Ancient Ent is a massive tree spirit and can be found in tier-6 Tree Groves. With its devastating Piercing Roots, team coordination is key when fighting him.
- Rock Giant (Rock): Found in tier-6 Rock Outcrops in the Highlands biome, the Rock Giant has no melee skills and uses ranged attacks only, like his Earthquake attack.
- Enormous Dryad (Fiber): Players should not be deceived by the looks of this Guardian! The Enormous Dryad can be found in the swamps at tier-6 Fiber Meadows, fighting the players with deadly attacks like Eroding Swamp or Pulsing Thorns.
- Ore Colossus (Ore): The Ore Colossus can be found in the Tier 6 Ore Veins of the mountains. Players should not be deceived by his lack of an auto-attack, as its Giant’s Punch and Crystal Swarm have the potential to wipe a party in the blink of an eye!
All details on the Guardians of Albion can be found at: https://albiononline.com/en/news/guardian-indepth-look
What is Albion Online?
Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG from Sandbox Interactive, set in the medieval fantasy world of Albion. Whether playing a hardened fighter, a farmer, a merchant or a master craftsman, in the player-driven world every single weapon and every single building is created by the players. Thanks to a “you are what you wear” system free of typical class restrictions, a skilled archer can instantly become a powerful mage, and the players define their own role within the game world. PvE, PvP or the battle guild vs guild, every action in the game has a meaning … as well as consequences. PvP battles in the danger zones of the game world are a “winner takes all” affair. Albion Online is the first PC game to enable the exact same experience on tablets.
Albion Online is currently in its final beta phase. The official release is scheduled for July 17, 2017.
More information: https://albiononline.com