Acid Wizard Studio, a small independent studio from Poland, has just released their free-roam survival horror, Darkwood. The studio has also published a new trailer today, consisting of a couple of minutes of raw gameplay footage.
Darkwood was successfully crowdfunded in 2013, gathering over $57,000. The team spent the next four years developing the game and refining it with its backers and the Early Access community.
Darkwood is now available for PC, Mac and Linux.
- Experience the only top-down survival horror game that will make you scream out in terror.
- Enjoy an engaging blend of RPG, roguelike and adventure elements crafted by hardcore gamers.
- Step into a world where the cycle of night and day truly impacts your (already faint) chances of survival.
- By day explore the randomly generated, ever-sinister woods, scavenge for materials, craft weapons and discover new secrets.
- By night find shelter, barricade, set up traps and hide or defend yourself from the horrors that lurk in the dark.
- Gain skills and perks by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream. Watch out for unexpected consequences…
- Make decisions that impact the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
- Meet eerie characters, learn their stories and decide their fate. And remember – don’t trust anyone.
- Laugh maniacally as madness consumes your mind.
More information: http://www.darkwoodgame.com/