Game Description: Developed by id Software, in conjunction with Saber Interactive, Quake ® Champions is a return to the frenetic, fast-paced competition that established Quake as the originator of the multiplayer shooter genre more than 20 years ago. Quake Champions delivers the dark mythos of the first Quake combined with the groundbreaking multiplayer mayhem of Quake III Arena with a major modern twist – Champions. These fierce warriors each wield unique attributes and abilities, enabling players to compete in their own distinctive style, while adding an additional layer of strategy to the game.
- The Next Great Quake Multiplayer Game: Quake’s signature rocket jumping, skill-based competition, and incredible speed remains intact, providing veterans with a welcome return and new players a fresh way to showcase their multiplayer skills. Players will frag enemies using a variety of powerful weapons while battling their friends in four competitive game modes, including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Duel, and the team-focused Sacrifice.
- Incredible, Diverse Champions: Quake Champions will introduce a roster of elite Champions, each equipped with unique attributes and abilities that are additive to Quake’s established gameplay. Champions are colorful, charismatic – and sometimes weird – and possess both an Active and Passive ability designed to enhance individual play styles. Players can choose a Champion based on abilities or style, from Quake vets like Ranger and Anarki, to newcomers like Clutch and Scalebearer.
- Uncompromising Weapons, Ready for Battle: Quake III Arena’s devastating arsenal of flesh-chewing weaponry, including fan-favorites like the thunderous Rocket Launcher, electrifying Lightning Gun, and snipe-tastic Railgun are back along with the Shotgun, Machine Gun, and the ever-personable melee-masher, the Gauntlet. Players can also acquire classic versions of weapons, including the Quake 1 Rocket Launcher, the Quake 2 Railgun, and more.
- Intense Game Modes: Established and beloved game modes return, including the gib-filled fragfests of Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch and the competitive fury of 1v1 Duel mode, while a new team-based mode, Sacrifice, joins the fray. Playing like a combination of Domination and Single Flag Capture the Flag, Sacrifice challenges players to work together, strategize, and dominate the arena.
- Play for Free… Or Upgrade to the Champions Pack: Quake Champions will be available for free to all PC players, with all maps, modes, and weapons included, as well as an initial Champion, Ranger. Additional Champions will be available for trial and purchase individually. Players can alternatively choose to purchase the Champions Pack, a version that will include the full roster of Champions and additional, exclusive bonuses. Free players can upgrade to the Champions Pack at any time. Both free and paid players will be able to play all modes and maps, uniting paid and free players in a single, endless test of skill.
- Your Champion, Your Style: Players can upgrade and customize armor appearance, vanity items, weapons, and more through a loot box-style system. These boxes can be earned by leveling up, purchased using in-game currency, or purchased through the in-game store for money.
More information: https://quake.bethesda.net/