V.E.R.T.E.X, the DLC that follows the user acclaimed release of the Neptune DLC Pack, is the second DLC introduced by 34BigThings in Redout on Steam. It adds a new (virtual) environment (which means 5 new tracks, one boss race and two new songs), two new liveries for each ship (including the Buran team introduced in Neptune) and all updates got reflected in the updated Soundtrack and Artbook as well. For only $4.99 / 4,99€ / £4.49, minus a 10% discount available on the first week!
Redout: Enhanced Edition is a tribute to the old racing monsters such as F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on physics: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognisable aesthetics. Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes, vast desert plains: the melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi abandoned Earth is the background for the most high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes.
Redout is the first internal IP developed by the 34BigThings team. Initiated with the intention of filling the void left by the closure of Studio Liverpool and the sense of abandon Nintendo left F-Zero fans with, 34BigThings decided it was time to give AG Racing the Next Gen experience it deserves.
- Online multiplayer – match against 12 players around the world for a real challenge
- VR Support – Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Razer OSVR
- Career mode – 100+ events to race, experience, level up and upgrade your ship
- A Diverse World – 25 tracks scattered around 5 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth, plus boss circuits
- Never bored – 7 event types, from classic Race to innovative Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance
- Create your story – 6 racing teams, each requiring a different driving approach, and 4 increasingly fast racing classes
- Powerups – 10+ racing-focused, upgradable powerups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more
- Music for your ears – full 5.1 support and a dynamic soundtrack that will drop sicker and sicker beats the faster you go!
- Speed: Redout is the fastest game ever made. If you can handle it. It’s not about the numbers you see on screen, it’s about the vibrations, the landscape and buildings flying by, the high-speed collisions, the effects, the sounds, the immersion: everything is meant to feel you going FAST.
- Online Multiplayer: Challenge up to 12 players from all over the world and find out who’s the best Redout pilot in history! Do you think you have got what it takes? Prove it. True glory is a flame lighted at the skies.
- Immersive VR: We have been working hard to give you the best VR game yet. Get inside your HMD to experience 3D and distances like never before, you’ll know exactly where the apex is and feel a whole new level of control.
- Handling: Control is the most important feeling when you are racing at 800km/h. Redout features believable physics derived from quad-copters controllers and real magnetic forces. We came up with the next generation in AG handling. There’s always a way to face a corner without braking, but you have to prepare for it and use everything you’ve got. Steer, strafe and turbo out of a corner are the basics: upgrades and powerups will grant you even more control on your ship’s behaviour. You’ll need to dominate your ship before you face the advanced tracks.
More information: http://34bigthings.com/portfolio/redout/